id you know that various mechanical problems of the temporomandibular joint (jaw) can be treated in physiotherapy?
These problems can be manifested as follows:
- Pain in the jaw, face, temples
- Cracking, audible sounds from the jaw
- Jamming of the jaw
- Difficulty in opening your mouth completely
- Sensations of muscular tension in the neck, jaw, temples
These problems can sometimes occur after a orthodontic treatment, maxillofacial surgery or following a visit to the dentist.
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatments in physiotherapy consist of:
- the use of specific manual techniques
- home exercise training
- occasionally, electrotherapy
At Clinique de réadaptation physique Roussillon, some members of the physiotherapy team are trained to perform jaw treatments.
Contact us in order to be directed to the therapist who can help you.